Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Top Ten of 2007: No Country for Old Men













No Country for Old Men brings the collaborative power of Joel and Ethan Coen to the screen once more in a stark and dark film that essentially comes down to a cat-and-mouse chase and commentary on violence in America. For being my number three I can say this is the only movie on my list besides maybe my number 2 where every single moment, shot, and scene is written, directed, acted, and photographed to perfection. Javier Bardem gives one of the most haunting performances in that he plays one of the most terrifying contemporary "bad-guys" and is easily surrounded by grounded stunning performances from the likes of Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin. Many are saying this movie will finally bring the Coens the Best Picture oscar that almost had a few years back with Fargo, I am saying more power to them.

1 comment:

Aaron White said...

lets not get me wrong. I LOVE Fargo...but if Fargo and No Country for Old Men were both up for Best Picture, I'd go No Country in a heart beat. The perfect film of 2007.