Tuesday, November 18, 2008

#3 The Dark Knight by Christopher Nolan



I'm sure you've seen it, probably twice, maybe three times, and possibly a fourth, but yes The Dark Knight is number 3 on the countdown to my favorite movie of all time. Never have I had as much fun watching a movie as I did watching this. When you've seen as many movies as I have you begin to understand how to read the signs, you understand more how the director will work, what hollywood wants, and how far exactly a movie will go, but The Dark Knight was unreadable. Sometimes it didn't go where I expected and sometimes it went far beyond what I ever expected would come of hollywood to the point where once the joker put detonators in the hands of gotham citizens I had no idea what to expect. Beyond that Heath Ledger's performance was far away one of the superior performances of cinematic history and nothing in the film felt half-way. Everything was top-notch and it all came together to make the best film in american history. Yet it isn't my favorite.

No comments: