Friday, October 3, 2008

#17 Edward Scissorhands by Tim Burton



This film showed up on my first top 10 list a couple years ago and hasn't returned until now. While some may argue against Tim Burton's ability and judgment this film is to the credit of Burton's vast imagination and genius. There have been few modern fantasies that have told such an endearing tale as the one witnessed in the sadly romantic and whimsical Edward Scissorhands. Even when I was younger I was able to resonate with the plight of such a gentle person confined to his prison of lonely outcast. Today I look at it as a commentary of suburban america and while it isn't as upfront as American Beauty or the like it is probably just as unforgiving. To this day I still anticipate the ending in hope that Edward and Kim could somehow be together, but alas it was not meant to be.

No comments: